Tuesday 17 December 2013

TEE-ING OFF CHRISTMAS AT WENTWORTH

Hello!

Every year we are lucky enough to be treated to the most delicious Christmas buffet at Wentworth Golf Club in Surrey by my Grandparents. 



This year was no exception and the food was superb. The displays are spectacular  and the range of food is one not to be rivaled. 



I focused mainly on the dessert table as that is my favourite part of the meal! Their sticky toffee pudding is the best I have ever eaten in my life - I don't even order it anywhere else it's that good! There is a standing joke that the first thing the grandchildren do is check to see if it's out (we still do this every year!). 


(Gingerbread mini village.)

The room is filled with Christmas scents, the whole club is packed out with families enjoying their Pre-Christmas celebrations,  and frivolity is all around. Half way through the meal we are treated to several carols by a wonderful choir and a magician that invokes the whole family and makes everyone laugh! 

It's lovely to spend time together as a family enjoying delicious food swapping presents and anecdotes since we last met, it's something we all always look forward to and being invited to the club is a real treat.


I stuck to pinks and silvers for my makeup I wanted something subtle that could take me from day to night but also with a bit of sparkle! Silver and golds make me feel festive and in a celebratory mood.


I recently came across a website called Sheinside.com that sells clothes at discounted prices - they come from china so the delivery time is about three weeks but the prices and the clothes seemed great. (Although out of two dresses and a coat I was only really taken with this particular dress, the other two items are OK).

So anywhere here is the dress - please excuse the photo I had been travelling for quite a whole therefore it is creased and there is a lot of clutter in the background of the photo but you get the jist!


I love the shape it's really flattering, is made of a really thick cotton with a jacquard print embellishment. I love the simplicity of this dress, it's so pretty and versatile. Very pleased! 
I paired it with thick black silky tights and a pair of black suede wedge ankle boots from stylist pick.com a year ago. 

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the family together - we were enjoying ourselves too much!

I hope you are enjoying your pre Christmas celebrations! Looking forward to many more 😊

Nicola x





2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. Love that dress on you, it looks gorge.

    Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete