Sunday 6 October 2013

MY FLORIDA DIARIES: PUNTA GORDA FISHING VILLAGE

Hello lovelies!
I recently came back from my two week summer holiday to Engelwood, Sarasota in Florida. We did so much there that I want to blog about but thought to make it easier I’d break it down into mini blog posts.
image
Punta Gorda Fishermans Village is located on the Port Charlotte Harbour and consists of a variety of shops and restaurants overlooking the pier. 
At the end of the parade of shops is Harpoon Harry’s  a gorgeous little restaurant bar overlooking the water. The food is freshly cooked to order and naturally being positioned on a pier the menu is heavily laden with fish.
image
After eating (the food was absolutely delicious every time) and watching the boats go out to sea for an hour or so we hit the shops. My two favourite shops were The Naples Soap Company and Dana Tyler Jewellery. Now if any of you have visited America before I don’t need to mention the impeccable customer service (if you haven’t it is unlike any customer service you will ever experience) however I felt the service in these two particular shops was above and beyond. 
I mentioned the Naples Soap Company in my previous post about Skin Care as I bought an incredible, natural face cream for $16. Along with the face cream I bought one of their supposedly famous Loofa Soaps  in key west lime. This product is fantastic to have, it smells incredible and is so handy to use on the feet or anywhere on the body you wish to exfoliate. They do wonderful loofa soap bags that you can mix and match the colours that would do perfectly as gifts. While in the shop we also tried their sea salt scrubs - I know there are a lot of these out there but honestly my hands felt like silk once I had dried them!                        I am always on the hunt for a new company that uses all natural products and doesn’t cost the earth I just wish they were here in the UK too! 
Dana Tyler jewellery was a shop that caught my eye straight away - mainly the shiny, glistening necklaces in the window! 
“We specialize in quality costume jewelry featuring high-end cubic zirconia, rhodium and 14kt gold plated collections.  We find great pleasure in sourcing the latest trends in fashion jewelry and we invite you to experience for yourself, our enthusiasm for exciting new styles by visiting one of our three boutiques located in Southwest Florida.” (http://danatyler.com/about-danatyler
After learning all about the company from the charming sales assistant I set about choosing my jewellery and I came away with two beautiful pieces.
image

The quality of these jewellery pieces is stunning, they look beautiful on and wear really well, I have worn the ring every day since I bought it and although I remove it to moisturise any other daily job it has come through unharmed!
I really would recommend this beautiful quaint fishermans village for the stunning views, delicious food (restaurants, frozen yoghurt, fresh icecream, fudge and sweets) and variety of gorgeous shops.
Have you been to Florida? Where are your unlikely finds?
Nicola x

No comments:

Post a Comment