Sunday 6 October 2013

BOURJOIS 123 PERFECT MATCH FOUNDATION: A REVIEW




As someone who suffers from oily skin and has to use blotting sheets numerous times a day (problems!) I am forever trying out new foundations sucked in by their claims of “all day matt finish” and “no more shine” but have yet to find one that stays true to its claim.
After trying a few Bourjois products - adore their nail varnishes and shimmer shine liquid eye shadows - I thought I’d try one of theirs. I tweeted Bourjois asking which of their foundations they would recommend and within no time at all they replied to try their 123 perfect match foundation. Naturally I ran straight over to boots to grab a bottle. I had no problem finding my colour match (I usually find even the lightest is too dark for my skin) paid and couldn’t wait to try it.
It comes in a glass bottle with a fitted pump - love the packaging feels expensive and worth the £10.99 price tag!
One pump is plenty for the coverage I like - the foundation smells slightly fruity not at all like a cosmetic which I LOVE! It has quite a runny consistency which makes it very easy to blend in using my favourite too - Nanshy flat top kabooki brush- and feels almost like there is no product on your skin at all, making it perfect for the summer. The coverage is easily build-able and looks very natural on the skin. I applied the foundation on top of my primer and set it with my MUA translucent powder, added my blush and was ready for the day.
Usually I have to blot a couple of hours into the day around my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead however I was completely surprised to find that my skin FINALLY had that matt finish I have been after for so long.
I must add a note here that I still had to blot my forehead but I have a full thick fringe so this would happen with any product.
I cannot say a word against this product, if you struggle with oily skin or are looking for a new lightweight foundation to experiment with this is definitely worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment